Categories

Recent Posts

Archives

Recent Comments

« | Main | »

“Jesus Was A Workplace Minister”

By Swedenborg Project | January 19, 2009

“Isn’t this the carpenter? Isn’t this Mary’s son and the brother of James, Joseph, Judas and Simon? Aren’t his sisters here with us?” And they took offense at him (Mark 6:3).

“Consider that in the New Testament of Jesus’ 132 public appearances, 122 were in the marketplace. Of 52 parables Jesus told, 45 had a workplace context. Of 40 miracles in the book of Acts, 39 were in the marketplace. Jesus spent his adult life as a carpenter until age 30 before he went into a preaching ministry in the workplace. And, 54% of Jesus’ reported teaching ministry arose out of issues posed by others in the scope of daily life experience….”

See full article

Topics: Issues, Theology | 7 Comments »

7 Responses to ““Jesus Was A Workplace Minister””

1. Bill Says:
    April 3rd, 2011 at 1:16 pm

While my own perspective in general terms is similar to yours, I have never quantified the evidence like you have.

Very interesting.

Your statistics overwhelming support the position that Jesus was a working minister

2. Paul Says:
    April 6th, 2011 at 7:19 am

I’m also a believer that Jesus was indeed a Workplace Minister but I did not know that he was a carpenter until the age of 30. So thanks for sharing this informative post.

3. Dianne Cris Becker Says:
    April 6th, 2011 at 8:52 am

I must check first all of the things that Jesus Christ done in the New Testament before I agree but more or less, He is our savior and we must respect all the things that He done for us.

4. Gale Holman Says:
    April 7th, 2011 at 10:34 am

It is really true that Jesus Christ set good examples to us to follow. He is really the begotten son of our Heavenly Father and his teachings and examples will really help us all in our daily lives.

5. Stuart Says:
    April 11th, 2011 at 10:20 am

I have to agree with paul “Jesus was indeed a Workplace Minister but I did not know that he was a carpenter until the age of 30″. I am also a believer that we should respect what he has done for us with out him we would not be here today. Thank you for this post.

6. Sean Cavanaugh Says:
    April 14th, 2011 at 12:17 am

Os, you stated:
    “So, the next time you are tempted to minimize your daily work as anything less than a holy calling, remember that Jesus was a workplace minister as a carpenter in his community. He has called you and I to reflect His glory in our work. ”

I think that the above statement is the most crucial of your article. I have seen so many Christians over the years who have been the poorest of examples in their daily work life. Work is such a huge part of life. We spend so much time their. How can we expect others to listen to us talk about our faith if we do not show that faith in all that we do.

Sean Cavanaugh
    webmaster gouttreatmenttip.com
    (Gout Treatment)

7. Kent Doering Says:
    December 18th, 2011 at 9:56 pm

My Benedictine Monk friends got that aspect right-the “imitatio-Christi” is best accomplished at the workplace in dilligent service for what some modern companies call “customer benefit first.”

“Ora et Labora”