Washington New Church School
The Washington New Church School (established in 1970), in Mitchellville, Maryland, offers a distinctive New Christian education for children from Junior Kindergarten through Tenth Grade.
Its mission is to provide a place where children can be instructed academically, morally and spiritually, educating the whole child in the sphere and context of the Lord’s Word. WNCS works closely with parents to help each child grow to achieve his or her personal potential. The New Church’s unique understanding of the Bible and spiritual life is the platform for achieving this, and the school has a history of outstanding results, including standardized testing scores far above national averages.
WNCS offers a comprehensive curriculum from Junior Kindergarten through Tenth Grade. In addition to the standard academic courses, the school offers religious studies, visual and performance arts, computer technology, languages, music, and physical education. The school’s forty years of academic experience has shown that our multi-grade classrooms and family atmosphere have given our students the tools they need to perform at a very high level both in our school and in others to which they may transfer.
WNCS welcomes interested families to learn about the attractive New Christian beliefs which are the foundation of the educational philosophy and atmosphere of the school. Some of these key beliefs are listed below:
- The Lord Jesus Christ is the one God of heaven and earth.
- Love to the Lord, our Creator, and charity to the neighbor are the essentials of a good life.
- Everyone who follows the principles of the Ten Commandments will be received into heaven.
- Marriage is the basis for all human society and continues in heaven.
- The Lord’s Word is the instruction book which reveals how to live a life that leads to happiness and heaven. It is written as a parable that has a deeper meaning which is explained in the Writings for the New Church.
If you live in the DC area, and you want a great place for your kids to go to school, check out WNCS. Here’s a link to the website: Washington New Church School.